Well everyone use Google Maps on your iPhones while the go, but the desktop version of this web based service is a greater alternative. Many of you might have faced the situation where in, before leaving home, you use desktop to find out the location of the place you need to go. Many people recommend desktop to find the location because it is easier and faster to use compared to mobile app. However, mobile app has number of benefits, the important one’s are, it will be with you showing direction, shortest path etc.
The latest version of Google Maps, now available in app store, allow you to send any place you search for with Google Maps on your computer to an iPad or iPhone. Then your phone receives it in the form of notification, when you tap on this, it will automatically take you to that spot. So if you guys are like me and prefer to search for places using web version of Google Maps then, you are going to love this new Google Maps feature.
To activate this feature, let us see how to set up and use it. Before that make sure you are signed into Google Maps iOS app with same Google account, which is on your computer.
Procedure to send direction from PC to iPhone or iPad:
- Your iPhone/iPad/iPod should be having latest version of Google Maps app installed. Run the app and click on menu button located on the top left side of the screen.
- From list of menu option, tap on ‘Settings’ option and click on Notifications.
- In the notification section you will find a new option called “sent from desktop apps”, just turn it on.
- Of this feature is turned on, you can start using it.
- On your computer open maps.google.com and find for any place.
- Then simply click on the ‘Send to device’ button and choose the phone or tablet you are sending location
- Then you will receive a notification on your phone just tap on it to take you to that location and that’s it!
I hope the information provided is useful for you to use the latest feature of Google Maps app.